Jeffrey B. Wolpin
Current & Former Credentials:
MBA, ASA, CA CGREA, CBA, CREA, CCRA
Business and Real Estate Valuation Services
Transaction & Mergers and Acquisitions Services
Mr. Wolpin has been performing business and real estate valuations for over 30 years. When the firm’s associates are counted, the years of appraisal experience represented by the company as a whole more than triples.
Prior to organizing his own firm Mr. Wolpin was a mergers and acquisitions deal maker and valuation professional with Hambros Bank of London. In his capacity as deal maker he negotiated mergers and acquisitions transactions and valued companies in excess of $100,000,000. Previous to Hambros Bank, Mr. Wolpin was a securities analysis and investment manager with the wall street firms of Shearson American Express and Prudential Bache. During this time, in addition to his securities analysis functions, Mr Wolpin evaluated and privately place numerous public market limited partnerships.
Mr. Wolpin has an M.B.A. in finance and accounting from Hofstra University, where in recognition of his academic achievement he was awarded membership in Beta Gamma Sigma, the national business honors society, equivalent to Phi Beta Kappa, which recognizes academic achievement.
Mr. Wolpin currently holds or has held various appraisal designations with voluntary membership trade associations and state licenses including California’s Certified General Real Estate Appraiser and Broker License, ASA with the American Society of Appraisers, NASD Broker and Principal Licenses Series 7 and 24, CBA with Institute of Business Appraisers, and Commercial and Residential Property Appraiser (CCRA & CREA) with the National Association of Real Estate Appraisers.
Academic, Professional Licenses, and Trade Association Credentials Currently or Previously Held:
- Masters of Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Hofstra University.
- Loyola Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, Business, University of Oklahoma
- California Licensed Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (AG040015)
- California Licensed Real Estate and Business Broker #01417005
- Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) with the Institute of Business Appraisers Trade Group
- ASA with the American Society of Appraisers Trade Group
- Certified Residential and Commercial Property Appraiser with the National Association of Real Estate Appraisers Trade Group
Position and Experience:
- President, Accredited Business Appraisals
- Mergers and Acquisitions Dealmaker and Valuations Professional – Hambros Bank of London, 1989 – 1992.
- Securities Analyst and Investment Manager – Shearson American Express, Prudential Bache and Goldome Bank, 1979-1987.
- Qualified Expert Witness under the Federal Rules of Evidence
- Beta Gamma Sigma – Awarded membership in this business scholastic honors society.
- Invited Speaker on Valuations at Riverside County Bar.
- Invited speaker on Family Limited Partnership Valuation at the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys.
- “Should You Rely on the Transaction Data Bases to Determine Fair Market Value”; Valuation Strategies, July/August 2002.
- “Examining The Reliability of the Small Business Transaction Databases”, Valuation Strategies, Nov./Dec. 2003
- “Statistical Reasoning in Family Limited Partnership Appraisals: New Tax Court Scrutiny”; Probate & Property, May/June 2004.
- “Statistical Reasoning in Family Limited Partnership Appraisals: New Tax Court Scrutiny”; The Appraisal Journal, Autumn 2004.
- “Unreliability of the Small Business Databases and the Guideline Company Method”, Valuation Strategies, Sept./Oct. 2004
- “Mythbusting – Discrediting Appraisal Myths Through Properly Applied Statistical Reasoning,” Valuation Strategies, Jan./Feb 2008
- “Statistical Reasoning in Family Limited Partnership Appraisals: New Tax Court Scrutiny”; Probate & Property, May/June 2004, – was selected as the centerpiece article for presentation and discussion of statistical methods in valuation by Honorable Judge Halpern, one of the pre-eminent Judges on the U.S. Tax Court, at a recent 2009 Judicial Tax Conference.
- “Monte Carlo Simulation in Traditional Real Estate and Eminent Domain Appraisals,” Valuation Strategies, Nov./Dec. 2015